Thursday, October 8, 2015
The amazing Melissa at Adventures of Frugal Mom nominated me for a Liebster Award!
What is this award exactly? It is an award that we in the blogging community use to help blogs get some exposure and also a way to get a blog post when we have writer’s block.
You may not know Melissa but trust me you will be glad you found her! She posts daily on FB with a Frugal Tip. Which I love because some of them are so amazing! Like “Before frying, sprinkle a little salt in your pan which will help keep the oil from splattering”. As a frequent fryer this is so important to me!
So how this works! I nominate 5 bloggers who inspire me. This was difficult because I read and love so many blogs. These are in no particular order
- Class South Blog – I met Corbin via TriFabb. She is so inspiring and fun to be around. Her blog tips posts are such a help!
- The Sweetest Thing – I started reading Emily years ago and have watched her style change. she is always an inspiration to me when I am not sure what to wear.
- Girly Love – Marly is stylish and inspiring! I want to explore the way she does. Her sense of fashion and makeup push me to have fun.
- Louboutins and Lipstick – Hannah and I are style sole mates! She and I hit it right off when we met at a Trifabb event.
- More Pieces of Me – Caryl is always at the top of my list for style tips. I met her in person and she is so amazing. It’s not often you meet someone you met online, but I was glad I reached out to her when I was in her city.
Now to the easier part…..Questions
- Why do you blog? I started blogging to share my unique talent of finding pieces at Goodwill and restyling them for my life. It has sense evolved to affordable clothing at stores like Nordstroms and Fair Trade products. It’s a fun way to share my style and meet women.
- What is the most interesting that has happened today? I took my Notary Oath (work, work, work is my life)
- What is your guilty pleasure? Quiet time with my husband. He’s my best friend.
- What is the last photo on your phone? I dare you to post it. My blog post yesterday so I could share on social media. Sad I know.
- If you could be one television character past or present who would you be? Hmm well I don’t have a ton of time for TV and when I do it’s reality…..However I have always loved the show Charmed and I would be Piper (Holly Marie Combs)
- Would you rather go back in time or forward to the future? I would rather go back in time. Might save me from starting collage at 30!
- What was the last book you read? End of Days by Susan Ee
- Name one thing that people don’t know about you. I stress Eat!
- Are you a cat or dog person? Both – we have 2 cats and 2 dogs.
- Team Android or Team Iphone Um iPhone!
- Who do you consider your blogging best friend? Marly from Girly Love
So to the ladies I mentioned. If you would like to accept my nomination of you for the Liebster Awards I would be honored to read your answers! No pressure.