Monday, August 22, 2016
I have had so many specific posts lately that when it came to writing a post without a base I was at a loss. So I decided to share some pic’s from my iPhone and weekend!
This outfit was shared on IG Friday. I actually wore this to work Thursday.
My outfit Friday posted on IG Saturday.
My sweet co-worker was cleaning out her jewelry and gave me these!
My sister found this pic of us and sent it to me for my birthday. She is 8 years older than me. This is the only Halloween I vividly remember. My mom made our costumes. Ah the 80’s were great.
Right after my second cycle class! So happy I am getting back into exercise.
Got dressed to see a movie Saturday. Before leaving the house I got several emails from work that just put me in a bad mood so I stayed home all dressed up. Kendra all the way.
Also I recently purchased this necklace with my B-day Discount
We rescued this kitten last weekend. I had to go home from work early on Friday due to a headache and this little guy was so sweet and cuddled with me while I rested.
I started the Whole 30 on the 10th. This is one of the dishes I made.
Slow Cooker Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Yields 4-6 Servings
Servings (originally for 4-6)
- 24 oz ground chicken, thawed (scaled: 24 dry ounce) Substituted Ground Turkey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (scaled: 3 dash)
- 1 red bell pepper, topped, deseeded and diced (scaled: 1 each)
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, finely chopped (scaled: 1/4 each)
- 3/4 Tbsp ginger, grated (scaled: 0.16 dry ounce)
- 1/2 + 1/8 cup hoisin sauce, 1/2 cup in raw chicken & 1/8 cup after cooked (scaled: 5/8 cup)
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar or white vinegar, divided (scaled: 1 tablespoon)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil, divided into thirds (scaled: 1 1/2 tablespoon)
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce, divided (scaled: 2 tablespoon) I eliminated this
- 1/2-3/4 Tbsp fish sauce (scaled: 3/4 tablespoon)
- 1 head bibb lettuce or 1/2 head cabbage leaves (scaled: 1 each)
- 3 scallions, diagonally sliced (scaled: 1/2 each)
- Dash sesame seeds, to garnish (scaled: 1 dash)
- 1 container mung beans (scaled: 0.2 pound)
- Sriracha, to garnish as desired
- In a slow cooker add, chicken, garlic, red bell pepper, onion, ginger, hoisin, 1/2 vinegar, 2/3 of the sesame oil, 1/2 of the soy, and fish sauce. Stir to combine, secure the lid on and set to cook for about 2 hours on low.
- While the chicken is cooking, rinse lettuce or cabbage, dry very well, and carefully tear off and remove individual leaves.
- Once chicken is cooked through, stir with a wooden spoon then drain excess liquids in a colander. Add chicken back to the slow cooker with remaining hoisin, soy, sesame oil, and vinegar. Stir to combine and scoop out onto a large serving plate.
- Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds. Serve lettuce cups on a separate family style serving platter with mung beans and sriracha.
Let me know if you try this! It’s so good.